Friday, July 3, 2015

Oh My 'Lanta!

Emory University and Atlanta had a lot to offer from BBQ to convenience. It was too bad that we couldn't stay in the city for another day because we could have went out and explore the city. I am considering about applying to Emory University but it's probably not going to be my first choice. 

I started my day by going down to lobby and eating breakfast. Mr. Hillyer told us that there would be a storm today and that we should be prepared in case anything would happen. We had to finish packing our stuff and eating breakfast by 8:55 A.M. and get on the shuttle to the airport at 9:00 A.M. Halfway through the drive, it started raining heavily and we heard thunder. Seeing this, we knew that our flight was going to be delayed and after arriving at the airport and checking in, the Southwest Porter told us that our flight was delayed. We were all very disappointed and didn't know what would happen next. Chiamaka and I had TSA Pre-Check so we were able to get through security quickly. We waited ten minutes for the others to come and then went to the plane train to get to our terminal. Since our flight was delayed, we were able to get a flight that would directly fly to Philadelphia instead of flying to Orlando and transferring to Philadelphia.

The consequence of this flight was that we had to stay at the airport for five hours. Some stayed behind and started on their blogs and others walked around the airport. At noon, we walked to Five Guys to eat lunch and I ordered a Bacon Cheeseburger. After arriving at our gate, we all sat by the window and enjoyed watching the workers aggressively throw people's luggage onto the plane. I did feel disrespected but at the same time it was my source of live entertainment for the day.
Our luggage. It really was our luggage.

We boarded the plane at 3:20 P.M. and the plane left the airport at 3:30 P.M. Chiamaka and I sat next to New Yorker named Kris. He gave us a lot of financial aid advice and told us really look for scholarships and state grants. Chiamaka and I informed him about the ILC and he was very impressed that our school offered this scholarship and thought it was good that we joined the program. We talked throughout the plane ride and before we knew it, we were in Philadelphia. Our luggage was out within 15 minutes after the flight landed. I have been looking forward to Philadelphia for the last two months and finally we were here. We waited almost an hour for our shuttle to take us to the hotel. We checked into the Sheraton Hotel by UPenn and walked around the campus after dropping our bags off. The campus is beautiful and I just fell in love with it. I can't believe that I will be taking classes here next week. Mr. Hillyer took us to the famous Wawa which is a mixture of  Starbucks, 7-11, and Subway sandwiches. Since Wawa is opened 24/7, I think I will be able to go there if I decide to take a break from studying.
We are moving in on Sunday!
 Gym
Mr. Hillyer took us to an Iron Chef restaurant called Distrito. We ordered some nachos and for the entree I ordered a Mahi Mahi. I didn't think that the taco was very special but when I took a bite out of it, it was amazing. All the ingredients worked very well together and there was the right amount of acidity. I thought that for the quality of the food, we paid a reasonable price. 
DESSERT! Coffee Cheesecake

Mahi Mahi Tacos
Tomorrow is 4th of July and I can't wait to celebrate the birth of the greatest country in the world, America, in her birth place. God Bless this country and may she continue to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment