Monday, July 27, 2015

West Coast Best Coast

Today was the official move out day. I woke up early to finish up packing and to also finish last minute laundry. As I walked in and out of my building, I witnessed people leaving. I said my final goodbyes to people. It's a really weird to think that I would never see them ever again after spending such a short but intense time with them. I said goodbye to my friend Manit from Thailand, Sara from China, Sierra from London and much more. We're all from drastically different places and fate brought us together just to tear us apart. 

John arrived in a van around 10 o'clock and we packed our things in the back and headed to the airport. As we drove to the airport, I looked out the window and saw the city passing by me for the last time. The 15 minute drive was bittersweet. As we checked in our luggage, my check in bag weighed 48.5 pounds which was very close to the 50 limit. As we waited for our flight, we stopped by a restaurant called Chickie and Petes and I had lobster for the first time. While on the flight, Elexis, Jun, and I went through our pictures laughing at the many memories we made. 

We landed in Phoenix and had a delayed flight. We stopped by for some Mexican food. I had steak tacos. I can now say that I've eaten in six different states in the span of 4 weeks.  We boarded our final flight to Oakland and I think that's when it finally hit me that all the fun is over. I won't be hanging out my cohort as often as we did in Philadelphia. When we landed in Oakland, we all got together for a giant group hug. I'm going to really miss this and it's going to be hard starting a new daily routine that doesn't include them. 

We got into the van that would drive us to El Cerrito. The drive was very quiet. When we arrived, it was very refreshing to see my dad for the first time in a month. He loaded in my luggage while Don welcomed us back. It felt really good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment