Sunday, July 19, 2015

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

bae
I went to my first major league baseball game today and I can honestly say that I'm a baseball fan now. I've watched baseball before on T.V but it was never interesting but watching it live was on another level. At first I was worried that the seats would prevent me from enjoying the game thoroughly but I was wrong. The game was pretty intense and I was totally into it. I wasn't rooting for a particular team because I haven't really followed baseball enough to know which teams to root for. To be honest, even though it was a Philly's home game, I found myself silently rooting for specific Miami players such as their pitcher, Dan Haren and another player by the name of Cole Gillespie. My camera was really impressing me today and I was able to get some amazing shots.
I wanted so much to root for the Phillies especially because they gave us a free mug but I couldn't help being drawn the the Miami team. In the end, the Phillies won due to one hit towards the end that basically left the stadium and resulted in a home run. 

the intensity was real
After the game, Elexis, Jun, and I grabbed some dinner at the Penn Bookstore cafe after doing a little bit of shopping. While at the bookstore, Elexis and I witnessed something very disturbing. As we sat down, waiting for Jun to get her food, we noticed that a man sitting at the table next to us was recording a woman over at the next table. I noticed it first and pointed it out to Elexis just to make sure I wasn't just seeing things. The man was in fact recording the woman while he pretended to read a magazine. I wasn't sure what to do at that exact moment but I got up to warn the woman. She was freaked out and by the time I turned around, the man had left with all his belongings. The only thing I regret is not getting a picture of the man because it was very hard to describe him to the security officer that we talked to. The situation was very strange and the man seemed as if he had done this multiple times. It's hard to wrap my mind around the fact that there are some really disturbed people in the world. I'm glad I worked up enough courage to stand up for that woman and cause one less wrong doing in the world. Coincidentally, our lecture tomorrow is on Feminism and as a feminist, I believe that standing up for other women is what Feminism is all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment