Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Jersey Girls

I was on the Jersey Shore today! One of my favorite aspects about this program is all the adventures it provides for us. If you were to tell me, a couple years ago that I would be able to visit the Jersey Shore in the summer of '15, I would have probably laughed in your face. I think that it's really cool that in the span of 3 weeks, I've visited five different states, how many teenagers can say they did that over their summer vacation. On the topic of the states I've visited, I'll have to say that Jersey is definitely in the top two of my favorites.

The vibe on the Jersey Shore was as close to California as one could get. People were very chill and just willing to have a good time. Jun, Justeen, Joanne, Elexis, and I spent most of the day at the amusement park, then relaxed in the sand for about 10 minutes before it was time to go. It was really cool to get Jun and Elexis out of their comfort zones in order to ride some of the rides. I think that Elexis's scream on the coaster and on the double shot is probably one of my favorite sounds, it never failed to make me laugh. For lunch, I tried something called the "California Burger" which was actually pretty decent. I only wish it had more avocados.
what a bunch of flip flops
first time on a ferris wheel

running through the beach with my woe
view from the top
ohana
After the beach, we headed out for some dinner. I was really craving some pasta but the pasta I had at the restaurant didn't have a very creamy Alfredo sauce like the menu described. Oh well, tomorrow's a new day and I can't wait to see my first live baseball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment