Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The World is a Book, and Those Who Do Not Travel Read Only One Page

Today I woke up with the plan of finishing up my packing. From the very beginning of planning out what to pack, I was afraid of over packing. It would be a big bother to travel to the East Coast with a lot of clothing/accessories that I don't need. 

I was pretty calm as I finished up my packing and chores. I was in the middle of cleaning my room when I received the final itinerary list email from Don. I think that's when it finally hit me that this is actually happening. Who would ever think that an average girl like me would get the chance to study at a top notch Ivy League School, TWICE. It's too crazy to wrap my head around, but it's actually happening. 

Of course the usual nerves are kicking in and I'm overthinking everything. I wonder if making friends would be hard to do, or whether my class will be completely over my head. I've learned to accept these anxieties as part of my psyche, however, it does get tiresome having to worry about every little thing all the time. 

As I complete each task, I text some of my cohort members just to make sure I haven't forgotten anything crucial during my packing process. I've already began to see my cohort members as family. Yesterday, Joanne, Jun, and Justeen and I were able to get together to see Inside Out in the theater. After the movies Jun, Justeen, and I kept the party going with a nice trip to the mall. We got water bottles to keep hydrated when we travel and we also got our eyebrows done. 

Peace California

All in all, I am very excited for this new chapter in my life. There is no doubt that this trip will change and shape me to be the person that I am meant to be. I'm excited to learn more about our society in my Social Justice class, and most of all, I am so excited to blog every night and share my adventures with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment