There was an error in this gadget

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Ready, Set, Go!

As I'm writing this blog, the smell of horse manure from the stable across the street enters my room in a friendly way. Boy, am I going to miss this smell for a month!

The day has finally arrived for us to depart. In a few hours I'll be meeting up with my companions for this summer study trip. Soon Don will be checking to see if everyone has their identification and medical cards. Soon I will be saying goodbye to my parents for 25 days. Very soon, I will be travelling as a responsible adult. Because this will be my second time participating in the Ivy League Connection, the the mistakes I made last year will be beneficial to my success this year.

What I had learned last year was to not pack 5 jackets. I did not need all those jackets in a place where it is over 90 degrees. This has made my packing way easier and more efficient as I packed for the weather this time. Still, bringing a light jacket is a necessity.

Don says that a good toiletry kit is essential. Yes, it is. Very. Last year I thought that bringing one would only be a hassle and a plastic bag would be enough to carry my shampoo and conditioner. It figures that you need more than just your shampoo and conditioner when you take a shower in a humid, dirty stall. I'm going to follow Don's advice once and for all and invested in a sturdy bag to carry everything. Lets see how that goes. It will most likely be better than carrying my plastic toiletry bag in one hand and a laundry bag in the other while putting a bath towel on my shoulder. Yes, way better.

To make things go a little smoother and quicker for tomorrow morning (3:15AM), I am going to weigh my awesome luggage and make sure they aren't over the Southwest Airlines limit. This was a critical point that people missed last year. Someone had a luggage over 55lbs and thus resulted in her saying bye-bye to her favorite stilettos with everyone staring at her. I'll make sure tomorrow that if I sob, I'll sob for not seeing my parents for a month and not my favorite scented 27fl oz body wash.
Ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment