Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Penn Pizza Party

Today was sort of a rough day for me, starting from the moment I woke up. School is ending in a couple of days and I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety pertaining to finals. Somehow, I was able to push all of my problems to the back of my head in order to get myself excited for my Penn dinner. I was nervous about being late because Mr. Hillyer already stated that it was a pet peeve of his. I think I arrived around 5:57 or 5:58 depending on whose clock you were looking at. As I walked into Zachary's, I heard Mr. Hillyer before I saw him. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and almost bumped into a waitress carrying two pizzas. Feeling incredibly embarrassed and awkward, I sat down quickly. I accidentally stepped on Rudy's foot as I sat down, but he didn't seem to notice because he was talking to Elexis. 

Everyone was all smiles and laughs as we talked throughout the evening. Mike Vroom, who was with us at the orientation yesterday, joined us again today for our meet and greet. He gave us even more advice on Penn such as always securing our laptops. Mr. Hillyer also provided more information about how not to act like a tourist, the beauty of train stations, and favorite food places. 

books are my favorite companions
After enjoying our wonderful deep dish pizza, we headed out and took a short walk around the Berkeley neighborhood. Rudy was the first to leave so he didn't join us on our short trip to the book store. There was a cute little jazz night happening at the book store. The music was great and I was able to look at some new titles that I might want to read this summer. After the book store, we walked over to a DVD store. Jun, Justeen, Mike, Mr. Hillyer, and I were all geeking out over some films we recognized and talked about other movies that we didn't like. I found it kind of funny that they didn't appreciate Moonrise Kingdom as much as I did but I guess you win some, you lose some. My mom ran a bit late picking me up but it was nice to have a conversation with Mr. Hillyer. 

I'm on the edge of my seat (figuratively) for this summer. It couldn't come soon enough. I can honestly say that we are going to have an amazing time and we're never going to want to leave when that day comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment