Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Are We There Yet???

"Are we there yet?" is a classic question that kids ask in movies and on the road. Even though the day is almost here, it feels so close yet so far. Just 5 more hours until we meet up at El Cerrito High School.

Unlike some of the other ILCers, I did not attend any programs last year so I don't know if what I packed is enough. I filled my day up with packing for the trip and doing some last minute shopping.  A couple hours ago, Don emailed us an itinerary of our whole trip and I got to say it's looking fabulous. Everything is looking fabulous. A terrible habit of mine is that I usually tend to over pack and I like to bring 2 extra pairs of whatever clothing I need; hopefully that won't cause my suitcase to weigh more than 50 pounds. I remember an ILCer told me that I should leave extra room for the stuff that I will be bringing back from my trip because I will definitely be bringing home more stuff than I began with. 

Even though I'm done packing my suitcase, I get this feeling that I'm missing something and it's something important but I don't know what it is. But whatever it is, hopefully it's not of much importance because if I didn't bring it, then I can just buy it when I get there. Now I just have to pack my backpack and sleep because I have to wake up at 2:30 AM. Hopefully none of us will be late and will not have to face the wrath of Don because everyone knows that it isn't pretty. I will see my fellow cohort at 3:15 AM. 

Although I have been very independent since the age of 5, I can't help but to think that I will be feeling homesick because this is the longest time that I have been away from home. But in the real world, there is not going to be someone who will hold my hand wherever I go. This is the time for me to really see what true independence is and what college life is like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment