Wednesday, May 20, 2015

ILC Meets the Board, School Board that is!

      Tonight, was a very special night for my cohort and the many other ILCers. It was the night of the school board meeting, it happened to be my first school board meeting too. When I arrived at the meeting I remember seeing the cameras that were broadcasting this event and not being nervous. In an instant my feelings from calm, cool, and collective turned into nervous, eager, and shy. I remember the email Don had sent informing us about being on television, yet in the heat of the moment my nerves began to kick in.

      When the first ILC cohort stepped forward, to be recognized by the board and television I really started to feel nervous. Then, when the second group went up I felt as if you could see the worry all over my face. We were the third group to go and by that time I tried to figure out exactly how I was going to walk, smile, and look less nervous. I was just glad that I didn't have the job of the speaker. I may have done a good job but I would have been exceedingly uneasy. I feel as though my fellow cohort member Rudy Suarez did an amazing job in conveying how we all feel about this milestone in our lives.

      Naturally after, we were all recognized we had to go take a group photo. This time the photo including all of the cohorts, chaperons, and at least one parent. With this picture being taken by Don it had to be perfect. And don't get me wrong I'm not knocking him on perfection I am actually elated that he wants us to have immaculate pictures. I believe the pictures (all 100) came out flawless. Don was not the only one taking many pictures though, it was the many mothers of the ILC too. Collectively they probably took nearly 200 photos. 

        In closing, all I can say is thank you to everyone who helped and is helping us have these vital experiences. Again, I want to thank Don and John, along with all of the sponsors, the donors, and the benefactors for being a major pillar in our futures.  I believe I can speak for everyone when I say we are grateful for our parents who have been supporting and pushing us to reach our goals. I am obliged to have received such a wonderful opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment