Saturday, March 28, 2015

This Is Only the Beginning

I woke up this morning, eager to see what awaited me. I did not know what to expect, as this is my first year participating in the Ivy League Connection. When I was given the opportunity to participate in this program, everything seemed so new to me, just like the tutorial session I attended this afternoon.

A lovely day at De Anza
I arrived at De Anza High School at around 12:45 PM, and when I saw the banner for the ILC, I instantly became nervous. I entered the room, expecting to see people just sitting by themselves, but I was instantly proved wrong. I was greeted with the smiling faces of many people, and I felt a positive vibe in the room.

Gabi, Hummd, and Aisha with their beautiful faces.
During the tutorial, I was sitting among other participants of the ILC, where we learned about various skills necessary for our trip in the East coast. Rules were established about what was expected of us, and we were also taught how to blog, and upload pictures. As Don continued to talk more about what was going to happen in the near future, excitement began to surge through my body. 

Once the session ended, I was able to continue talking with others about our anticipation for the summer. Meeting great new people today, I looked forward to what was to come even more. Then I realized, this was only the beginning of my journey to the wonderful experiences that awaits me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment